In today’s episode, we’re talking about uncertainty and the anxiety it causes.
For most of us, not knowing what’s going to happen is a pretty stressful experience.
But why? What is it about humans that makes not knowing such a difficult thing to deal with (even when it’s not in life-or-death situations)?
In today’s episode, we’ll talk about science says about the stress and anxiety of uncertainty. And then share some tools and techniques you can use to feel more calm, focused, and grounded - even when you don’t know what’s happening next.
Listen in and enjoy!
In This Episode You Will Learn
- The effects of uncertainty (3:09)
- Uncertainty experiment (5:37)
- What causes stress (10:42)
- Why dealing with the unknown is stressful and causes anxiety (13:17)
- How to reduce the stress and anxiety caused by uncertainty (15:13)
- My go-to technique for reducing stress and being more calm (17:12)
- Questions to ask yourself when you’re anxious about the future (19:36)
- The sweet spot and one of my favorite reminders (22:14)
- Paying attention to where we exist (24:02)
- Steps you can take to reduce anxiety about uncertainty (25:16)