On this page, you'll find all the information about what data we collect about our visitors and customers and how that data is used. We've described everything as clearly and concisely as possible and avoid legalese as much as possible, so that you can make sense of all this without needing a law degree.
We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information. If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we update our privacy information and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.
What We Do
At Jewell Siebert / The Sparkling Fig, LLC, we provide inspirational messages in the area of personal development. Jewell Siebert does not give medical, legal, or counseling services of any kind. Please consult a health care professional for medical concerns.
Company Name: Jewell Siebert / The Sparkling Fig, LLC
Address: 14110 Atascadera Dr, Corpus Christi TX 78418-6401
What Data We Collect
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") and Web server logs to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site, your IP address.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a Web site, that site's computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Cookie Use for Retargetting
We may use Google Analytics as well as other advertising networks to display ads across the Internet, based on your visit to our website.
Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. Our site and third-party vendors, use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on past visits and pages visited on this website.
Our site as well as third-party vendors may use third-party audience data to further optimize advertisements displayed.
Date We Collect in More Detail
1. As a Visitor
You're a "visitor" if you browse the jewellsiebert.com website but don't submit any personal information about yourself.
For example, if you visit this website and take a look through our blog content, our sales pages and knowledge base without signing up for anything, then you're a visitor.
As a visitor, the website uses several third party services that act in order to provide you with a better experience and allow us to optimize our content.
The following third parties have limited access to some of your data:-
- We use Google analytics to gain an overview of how our site is being used, how to improve user experience, what content to create and similar decisions all focused on improving the experience for our visitors.
- We also integrate Google Analytics with Google Adwords so that we can measure the performance of our paid advertisements.
- We use Facebook conversion tracking to understand how our Facebook ads are performing.
- Affiliate tracking
- If you visit our site through a link of an affiliate of ours, then we track this information through a cookie so that the affiliate can be compensated for referring the sale.
- Social sharing tools
- Some of the content on the site includes social sharing widgets to quickly allow you to share content with your network. We currently use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram. Some of these services gather data about you, if you are logged in to these social networks while visiting our website. Please see the privacy policies of the social networks for further information.
2. Signing Up to Our Newsletter
On this site, we display various forms that allow you to sign up to our newsletter. When you sign up through one of our forms, we'll commonly ask you for the following data:-
- Email address
We'll also collect the following:-
- Which form you filled out
- Referrer URL (the URL that you led you to the page that you signed up through)
- Your IP address
We store this data on our site for the following reasons:-
- Compliance - to keep a record of where our leads came from
- Testing - to optimize and improve the newsletter sign up forms that we display
- Relevance - we try not to show a form that you've already signed up for
3. Contacting us through our Contact Form
If you want to contact us, you can use our contact form here.
When you send us a message through our contact form, a user account will be automatically created on our site.
When you submit a message to us, we keep the following data:-
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Content of any messages that you send to us
This allows our team to reply to the message that you've sent us through our support system.
You will never received marketing related messages by contacting us through our contact form unless it specifically relates to the message that you've sent us.
Please note that the message you send is private and only available to team members at Jewell Siebert / The Sparkling Fig, LLC.
4. Becoming a Member of Jewell Siebert / The Sparkling Fig, LLC
We have a whole section of our site dedicated to provided training resources. Some of the courses are free, and some are only for our premium members (those that have an active membership). We use Wishlist Member to provide membership services.
When you sign up for a a membership account we keep a record of the following data:-
- Email address
- The ID of the content that you signed up through (there are multiple entry points to the membership platform)
- Email Tag (In Kartra or SendFox)
The name and email address are necessary to create the account through which the coursers are delivered to you.
When you sign up to the membership site we will send your name, email address and email tag data to third party email services called Kartra and SendFox. They are tools that many businesses use to send emails to customers and allow us to send you product or service announcements, further training resources and links to our blog content.
These emails are designed to enhance your experience with us, but you can opt out at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email. This will remove you from our list so that you don't receive any further emails from us.
5. Purchasing a Product from Us
When purchasing a product from us, we collect the following data:-
- First name
- Last name
- IP address
- Email address
- Billing address
- Country of residence
- Post code
- Affiliate ID (of the affiliate that referred you)
- Tax evidence (required for Digital VAT payments)
- IP address
- Geo-location of IP address
- VAT number
- Billing country
- If you declared that you're a resident of a country other than your billing country and your IP address country. (For instance, you might be purchasing a product from Portugal, but you're a French citizen. In this case, you can manually declare that you're a French citizen on our checkout page).
Please note that this data is captured when you submit an order on our checkout page regardless of whether you complete the purchase of the product through our payment processor, PayPal.
This data is required for the following reasons:-
- Compliance - we have a duty to understand what country you are resident of so that we can charge the correct VAT amount. We must also keep a record of this data for tax audit purposes.
- Integration with our payment processor - we collect address personal data such as your name, email and address to integrate with PayPal and Stripe (the services we use to collect payments)
- Product delivery - In order to give you access to the products that you purchase and to our support team, we need to create an account using your name and email address.
When you purchase a product from us, we use a third party service called WishlistMember to provide a membership platform for content.
Wishlist stores the following data to about your purchase:-
- Total amount of purchase
- Tax amount of purchase
- Invoice number
- Full name
- Email address
- Order number
- Location Evidence
We also send your name, email address and product tag to our email service providers called Kartra and Sendfox.
This allows us to send you emails about product updates (such as new features that have been released), training courses and any other information related to the product that you've purchased.
These emails are designed to improve your product experience but you can opt out at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email you receive.
6. Signing Up as an Affiliate
Jewell Siebert / The Sparkling Fig, LLC operates an affiliate program. Registered affiliates can refer customers and receive a commission. This affiliate system operates independently of the processes described above.
To clarify: you won't be signed up for our affiliate program unless you submit a request to do so. Each application is review manually. If your application is reviewed, we'll add the data that you've provided to our system.
We hold the following data about our affiliates:-
- First name
- Email address
- Company name
- Family name
- Date of signup
- Company tax ID
- Full Billing address
- Web site URL
- Paypal email address
- Description of how you promote Thrive Themes
- Yes/No as to whether you accept our terms and conditions
- YouTube channel (if applicable)
We hold this data for the following reasons:-
- Payouts - the PayPal or Stripe email address, company details and personal details are needed to pay our affiliates and produce invoices
- Compliance - We need your YouTube channel URL, web site details and method of promotion so that we verify that the quality of referrals meet our criteria for eligibility.
We also manually add your name and email address to Kartra and SendFox. This is an online tool that allows us to let you know about any updates to the program. For example, if we make a change to the commission levels, we'll let you know about it through email.
As with all emails from us, you can opt out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
We also store data about the referrals that you make as an affiliate. We'll keep a traffic log of all the visitors that arrive through your affiliate link, all sales that you generate, and internal order numbers associated with those sales. This data is necessary to keep in order to track commissions and ensure that you're rewarded for sales that you make.
Automated Decision Making From Your Data
We have automated processes in place that are designed to improve the relevancy of the communication we send to you and the content on our site.
- If you have a recurring membership subscription, we will send you a notification that your membership is due to expire 10 days before your renewal date.
- If you purchase a product from us, we will send you information to help you get up and running with the product that you've purchased
- If you take one of our courses, we will send you information to support the course that you're taking.
- If you take a quiz, we will send you emails about products and blog posts relating to that topic.
These rules are designed to enhance the experience and interactions that you have with Jewell Siebert / The Sparkling Fig, LLC.
Your Right to Modify Your Data
You have the right to modify personal data that we hold about you. You can modify your data by logging into the jewellsiebert.com site and navigating to the Account page.
To change your email address that we send emails to, click on the "update details" link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
If you're having difficulties updating your data, let our support team know and we'll make the change for you.
Your Right To View Your Data
You have the right to see the data that we store about you. To request a file containing all your data, let our support team know.
We will reply to your request within 48 hours and will provide you with a file to your email address as soon as we've gathered the data.
The data will be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format for portability.
Your Right to Have Your Data Deleted
You have the right to request that we delete data that we store about you.
- If you would like to stop receiving our email newsletter then you can click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any of our emails. This will unsubscribe you from any future communications. If, for some reason, this doesn't work then let us know and we'll remove you manually.
- If you would like your data to be removed from our affiliate program then let us know and we will action that request for you.
- If you would like to have your membership site or blog post comments deleted, you can log into your account and delete those manually by clicking on the "Edit" button underneath each thread. Alternatively, let us know and we'll handle that for you.
We can also delete all of your data from all systems that we own and operate. This includes all of the above.
Please note that If you've purchased a product or membership from us we are obliged to keep a record of the purchase in both our own billing system and Kartra / WishlistMember. This will mean keeping a record of your billing address, contact details and purchase details. We do this to fulfill our obligations to the tax authorities and remain compliant.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any concerns or questions about anything in this policy, then let us know and we'll get back to you shortly.